SELF CARE IS HEALTH CARE
NATURAL HEALING & HEALTH PROVIDED BY NATURE
Since ancient times, and as near as we can tell, from the beginning of recorded history the plant kingdom has provided rare and powerful extracts and essences that have long been prized for their beauty enhancing, medicinal, spiritual, aromatic and therapeutic value.
Aromatic plants, essences and oils have been used for ages in ceremony, religious observances, beauty care, food preparation and preservation, as incense, and for perfumes. Aromatic plants have also been the basis for herbal and botanical medicines and remedies for thousands of years. In fact, they’re the root of today’s pharmaceuticals.
There are more than 90 types of essential oils, each with its own unique smell and potential health benefits.
Here’s a list of 12 popular essential oils and some of their uses:
• Peppermint: used to boost energy, immunity and helps digestion
• Frankincense: Used to relieve anxiety, anti-bacterial
• Eucalyptus: Used to relief congestion and improve focus
• Lavender: used to relieve stress
• Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
• Bergamot: used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
• Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
• Chamomile: used to improve mood and relaxation
• Ylang-Ylang: used to treat headaches, skin conditions and nausea
• Tea Tree: used to fight infections and boost immunity
• Jasmine: used to help with depression, libido and childbirth
• Lemon: used to aid digestion, mood, headaches, and more!
I use them to help clients with sleep, cravings, anxiety, thyroid issues, headaches and joint pain among other things.
Diffuse them, spray them on your cloths or wear them instead of perfume. Have a roller ball handy to dab on your pulse points for instant calm and stress relief or wear in a pendant or bracelet.
REIKI & RELAXATON
How it works
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is done by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of healing and self-improvement that everyone can use.
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
The beauty of Reiki is that you can do it yourself.
I have found it amazing for helping with healing my gut issues,
and reducing the pain of broken toe while speeding up the healing process.
Relaxing with 30 minutes of Self Reiki in a warm room filled with the wonderful aroma and healing benefits of diffusing the essential oils of your choice, is one of the most delightful ways to de-stress, a alleviate discomfort or pain while benefiting body, mind and soul.